We've had a wonderful year full of events, in which we’ve learned many things from and about one another, developed HBP’s blog, and expanded our international partnerships to the U.S., Pakistan and across Ontario. HBP’s activities this year were featured in various countries including Israel, Pakistan, Canada and the US, and the blog has attracted readers from all over the world!
Many of these activities could not have been possible without the great team of executives and volunteers who supported coordinated, created partnerships and provided invaluable advice. I would like to thank you all!
With this in mind, I would like to open up a call for 2011-12 elections. All the positions are open, as many of the executives are graduating.
Some of the benefits of getting involved with HBP include:
1. Engage in a leadership opportunity that makes a difference to the York community and beyond
2. Opportunity to work with like-minded network of student leaders and health professionals from around the world
3. Gain health-related leadership experience for those planning a career in medicine/ public health/ nursing/ or other related fields
The following positions are open:
- VP Events
- VP Community Engagement
- VP Public Relations and Communications
- Video Production Coordinator
- Blogger/ Blog Coordinator
- Faculty of Health Student Caucus Representative
If you have a friend who you think might be interested in joining, please feel free to forward this message to them.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me:
Health as a Bridge to Peace